In this thread I like to discus the options to setup a 2 channel system with the matter of the Valve amplifiers abilities to handle the current on each channel.
connecting an active Subwoofer using its Crossover vs. connecting an active Subwoofer not using its Crossover:
- having the speakers & Subwoofer on the Valve Amplifiers 8 Ohm output
- having the speakers & Subwoofer on the Valve Amplifiers 4 Ohm output
- having the speakers on the 8 Ohm & Subwoofer on the 4 Ohm output
- having the speakers on the 4 Ohm & Subwoofer on the 8 Ohm output
each setup would draw a different output on each channel and may have a higher stress on the amplifier or Speaker.
An additional question does raise, of how the valve amplifier does handle the to output of 4 & 8 Ohm, if used together on each Channel.
- Is it advised or avoided?
- Will it result in a combined 6 Ohm Channel for the matter to the amplifiers?.
As a result a conclusion can be made on what to avoid and which of those setup have benefits or disadvantages.
Thanks for everyone to contribute to this thread.
Thanks a lot for sharing your incredible ideas. It is an appreciated and pretty tip for all those music lovers. What a Fatal post for who want to upgrade exist subwoofer with new one.